Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stuck in a rut here! Yesterday I replayed the inauguration for several hours and then again today I stumbled upon it on C-Span. I get more thrilled each time I watch it. It is reassuring to know that our government is once again in competent hands and that we are NOT seeing the erosion of our democracy like we have been the past 8 years. I just shake my head in wonderment how anyone in their right minds could have supported Bush!

Anyhow - I think Mrs. Obama's outfit for the inauguration was lovely - and were those REAL diamonds around her neck? Her evening gown kind of left me cold, but it's growing on me. And those little girls are just about the cutest kids I've seen in a long time. As much as I love seeing pictures of them, I hope the media will leave them alone.

It's freezing cold here today so am staying inside. Have a good book to read - Jeffrey Deaver's Sleeping Doll. I've never read him before and am enjoying this one. Next up is a biography of Alexandra (Romanov). I have always been fascinated by the Russian royal family and am looking forward to this.

I have been taping movies for Joey and Jamie to watch next time they're here: Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Best in Show. I wouldn't mind seeing them again myself.

Sandi and Fritz say bow-wow to all!

No comments: