Monday, September 15, 2008

Hi everyone! hot, humid, and yucky here today (and yesterday). Am making myself do a little cleaning - if I do one room a day it's not so bad. Gawd! I HATE cleaning! Jane got all the "cleaning genes." Cleaned the den yesterday - your father is a SLOB! Manages to leave peach pits, Dove bar sticks, etc. all around his chair and then kicks them underneath when he gets up.

I am still reading the Barbara Walters book - it's pretty good and I'm enjoying it a lot. This will be of interest to certain members of our family - she talks about her troubled relationship with her daughter - but all is well now. Next I have American Wife on tap - a roman a clef - it sounds like G and L. Bush. After that comes Black and White by Dani Shapiro. Has anyone read "The Art of Racing in the Rain"? I am sorely tempted to order it - it features a dog.

Speaking of dogs, Fritz and I play this game with my hands. I slap the bedspread and he pounces, jumps up and down, etc. When he "snares' my hand he gives a very gentle little bite not hurting at all. He acts like it's his favorite thing to do. Yesterday he went up a little bit to my forearm and I told him without raising my voice, that it was bad to do that. He stopped immediately and laid down next to me. What a smart little guy.

Saturday nite when I was getting out buns for our hamburgers, I dropped one on the floor. Wouldn't you know, Fritz was right there at my feet, scooped it up and ran under the dining room table (I presume so Sandi wouldn't get it). It took him about 20 minutes to devour the whole thing - it was bigger than his whole head! Sandi got a hamburger bun too.

This is such an exciting post! Have I bored everyone yet? Our pears are ripe now and falling off the trees. Persimmons are all turning a lovely rosy read and I expect they will be dropping soon. The deer love the persimmons, but I'm surprised they are leaving the pears alone. I canned them once, but no one ate them so now they just go to waste.

Off to play a game of Literati and read some political blogs.

No comments: