Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I haven't been blogging because I've been spending all my time reading political blogs and watching political programs on television. This Sarah Palin is an interesting character but I fear for my country if she and McPain are elected. I think it would be the end of our democracy! She has referred to Obama by a racial slur - and while I know his "lipstick" on pigs was not directed at her, I LOVED it. Made me laugh out loud.

It's a little rainy here today so no gardening. We had plumbing experts here on Monday to see why we had no water. Turns out a pipe out in the field had ruptured and all the well water was gushing out there. We're back in business now - but it was a good thing Nancy reminded me before hurrican Hanna to fill up some water jugs. People can live without a lot of things, but water is a necessity.

Went grocery shopping this morning - 50 bucks for practically nothing. We have radically changed the way we eat and it still costs a fortune. No more meat, veg, potatoes, salad. Now it's a sandwich or something like that. Perhaps a can of soup!

Made a fast trip into the library - got Barbara Walter's Audition. Had wanted to read it, but didn't want to buy it. Our assistant librarian (an African American) just was awarded her Bachelor's Degree! It was made possible by the aftermath of the closing of the public schools here in Prince Edward County as a part of a reparation program. She is a lovely lady and I was thrilled for her. We also had a long talk about - what else? - politics and the candidates of our choice - Obama/Biden.

Well, it's off to lunch now - cream cheese with chives on wheat thins - love that stuff.

Smoochies all around!

No comments: