Monday, July 6, 2009

Since no one seems to be posting here any more I am going to use it to have a conversation with myself. I'm aware that I could probably find an Alzheimer chat room or support area, but I don't want to hear other people's sad stories now. As thankful as I am that Dad survived meningitis, I really miss having adult conversations with him. Not that we could have anything terribly meaningful, but at least we could comment on the news, etc. Now it's just me explaining 100 times a day why his arm hurts. Once in a while answering something from way out in left field - like: did you let all the dogs in? Me: they're both in. Him: No, where are the rest of them. Me: we have 2 dogs and they're both in. Him: well, where are the other dogs that I was playing with all afternoon? Me: You must have been dreaming. And so it goes. I was going to work in the garden all day yesterday - wear myself out physically, but it rained so I spent the day reading - "Renegade" by Richard Wolffe - about Obama's presidential campaign. Had some interesting things to say, but lots of boring stuff too. I like Richard Wolffe - see him often on MSNBC. Today the sun is shining so I will head outside - hope it's not too humid. I need to go to town to get some milk, but if i mention it to Dad he want's to go immediately - even if it's 6 in the morning. On a brighter note: he showered and shaved again today without being reminded.

No comments: