Friday, July 10, 2009

Sooooooooo - here it is 3 A.M. and I have been awake since 2! Not so bad as I had a HUGE nap yesterday afternoon. Wednesday some of Dad's railroad buddies came to visit and Dad was very pleasant and friendly with them, although when he talked it was rambling with lots of pauses. He had a "bee in his bonnet" that day - wanted to deliver push mower to repair shop and nagged me all day about going. I mean, REALLY got on my case about it. We were expecting the Home Health person and he couldn't understand we had to wait for her. Then, after he left, it was too late to go. He was really p.o.'d. Yesterday we finally delivered mower and when he didn't want to go home right away, we went to B&N to browse. Didn't find anything for myself, but found a WW2 book for him which he seems to be engrossed in.

He had about $15 in his wallet which is gone now. Don't ask me where it went, but since he thinks someone stole it, I keep telling him he gave it to me to buy sandwiches at Guizno's. That's a fib - I don't have a clue! I gave him $15 of my own hoping that would be the end of it. So, after B&N we went to Subway and when I told him to pay up, he was very confused and I had to point out which bills to use. When we parked there I asked him not to lock his car door, so he got out and just stood there by the open door until I told him to shut it and come into the store. There was some construction going on and he wanted to stand there and watch - fine. I went into the store - big front windows from which I could see him clearly. He stood there for several minutes - perhaps 5 or 6, then proceeded across the street and joined me in the store - very good.

When I think back a couple of weeks, he seems to be a whole lot better mentally with some occasional "left field" questions or remarks. Last night at dinner he wanted to know where Ellen was! When I told him she was at her house in Fredtown, he then asked me where the other girls were! His complaints about his sore are are getting less frequent, too, but since Dr. San didn't do anything for it he thinks Dr. San is a quack.

On a different note: I am reading Tana French's latest - "Likeness" and am finding it "unputdownable." I had to plow thru the first 150 or so pages before it got good - forced myself to continue becaause all the reviews were excellent, but that's a whole lot more than I usually read before giving up. I am now at a point in the book where it's scarey - not what I want to read at 3:30 in the morning so I will go play Literati.

No comments: