Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Something that really surprised me: In the past, when I would ask Dad to perform a household chore, I would be totally ignored. I asked him Sunday to unload the dishwasher (a chore I dislike) and he did it, much to my amazement. I then asked him to put the garbage out and he did that as well. In the past he would just ignore me, or tell me he would do it later and then forget about it. Perhaps next I can get him to vacuum and dust - lol!

Today we must go to town - never got there yesterday. We both were outside most of the day and Dad did more physical stuff than he has been doing, including some weeding for me. I haven't done any gardening in so long that today I am all stiff and sore. Late in the morning yesterday Dad disappeared inside and when I questioned him, he said he had eaten lunch - a sandwich (couldn't remember what kind but thought it was a "fruit" sandwich. I checked and saw that he had eaten a turkey sandwich and finished off the strawberries left from Sunday.

So, progress is being made, even tho it's at a snail's pace. I have started a new book - hope it's a good one. I also ordered Pat Conroy's newest - "South of Broad" due out in August. Picking books to order and then ordering them seems to be a "guilty" pleasure for me. I know I shouldn't be running up my credit card account.

No comments: