Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Don't call Duff...

I am sure between myself, Jane and Nancy, we'll be able to make a Volvo cake for your birthday. It's just a big boxy rectangle anyway, right?

I've been trying to figure out Christmas. I can't put up a tree because......Hello!...cats! And, getting out the ornaments and other decor from the attic means invading...Hello...not a teen anymore but still obnoxious' space. Also, the timeshare sampler we bought won't let us book VA Beach over Christmas Break without an "uprade" of 500 bucks. Scott has vacation time he can use, and will lose if he doesn't, but can't remember to get it... and I am off from the 20th until after New Years! There are a lot of household projects we need to finish:
painting
junk removal
cleaning
organizing

and a hotel in VA Beach would be too much for Mr. Tightwad to spend....although that is all I have asked for for my birthday and Christmas. This family needs to swear off sex in March and April.....December birthdays suck. I am tired of the combo-gift. (not for mom, she is even-steven all the time).

We did go look at having my wedding band resized and discussed a honeymoon next June for our 10th (holy shit, the longest I've ever been with a husband!). We want a cruise since our timeshare sampler includes a "free" one for 30 bux a day per person, + airfare to Florida. And taxes and gratuity. So, for only 1500 bucks, we can have a modest cruise. I am trying to decide if a week on a boat in a tiny room with my old man is really a honeymoon at this point or some sort of marital longevity test. I think there is enough to do separately (sleeping/snoring/eating: his favorites) and (reading, eating, reading) that it will be OK. On the ring, I am trying to make Scott realize that having it reset in a new setting is better than paying them to steal gold from my ring that is too big. I'm also negotiating side diamonds or gemstones. Wish me luck.

Mom hooked me on puzzles, but I need a room to do them without animals, since they sleep, eat, play with and barf on them.

OH, and I got gifts for: Jaida, Christian, Jamie, and Joey, and THAT IS IT. I will make cookies, fudge or some kind of goodie treat for everyone else to be shared, and I will make somethings to contribute to Christmas dinner. Other than that, no more. I have ideas for next year (hint: Farmville + Dirty Santa - just ask for the details).....LOL.

xx Ellen

No comments: