Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Insomnia strikes again. Ugh. Fell asleep about 10, woke up at midnight, back to sleep til 2, then laid in bed til 3:30 and finally gave up. I HATE this! I used to sleep a solid 7 or 8 hours and that does happen once in a great while. I can find things to do in the middle of the night - read, watch t.v., but I know I will feel lousy later in the day. I take Tylenol (Equate brand) P.M. sometimes but don't like to use it all the time. I will take it tonight for sure, though, because sometimes if I go beyond being real, real tired then I can't get to sleep at all - this happened 3 weeks ago - just an awful, awful night.

I just finished reading Dewey the Library Cat - a nice book. Am now 100 pages into Barefoot by Elin Hildebrand and am not liking it very much. I will continue on with it - it might get better, but it's definitely "chick-lit" meant for much younger women than I.

We had a little rain and wind during the night and it feels much warmer. Sandi and Fritz wanted out about 2 and it looked all wet. Dad is getting the truck inspected this morning but I will probably stay home. No doubt he will want me to follow him into town in the Volvo so he doesn't have to hang around waiting. HEY - the Volvo is 20 years old now - I should call Duff at Ace of Cakes and order a Volvo birthday cake! It would probably cost more than the Volvo is worth.

Adios everyone - back to the kitchen and more coffee.

No comments: