Sunday, December 21, 2008

I guess everyone is too busy getting ready for Christmas to post anything! I still have stuff to do but am procrastinating. I made fudge this morning - now comes the hard part - NOT eating it! Will seal it up in tins. Have also been gathering up things to bring to Virginia Beach. I will make the cheesecake at Jane's - am bringing all the ingredients except eggs, so I hope she has plenty.

Was delighted to find some books at the library that I had wanted to read - Anita Shreve's Testimony - I mostly skimmed it, didn't care for it. David Benioff's City of Thieves which I started and was totally revolted after a few pages and slammed it shut. I still shudder to think of it. Now I'm making rapid progress with Michael Connelly's The Brass Verdict - a sequel to The Lincoln Lawyer - and am having a hard time putting it down. Next up is Doris Kearns Goodwin's No Ordinary Time - I read it years ago and loved it. It will be a good won to have with me over the holidays.

Fritz has knots in his long hair on his ears and I need someone (Zsuzsi and Katie or Ellen) to help me snip them out. He recognizes the scissors and goes running when he sees them in my hand. Need to trim Sandi's eyebrows, too.

Am seeing Nancy online today so I guess her service was restored. Welcome Back!

xxx's

No comments: