Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dad and I went to see Valkyrie last nite - he loved it! War stories are not my favorite, so I will not voice my opinion except to say that I thought perhaps the facts were "embroidered" upon to make the story longer than necessary. I will google it and check.

Cold and windy today - was outside for a while pouring castor oil in holes in the garden . . . looks like the voles are having a blast in my hosta bed.

we were up before the crack of dawn today and at the grocery store by 8:30 A.M.! Just us and a bunch of other old fogeys! Hope I got enough stuff to last thru next week. We are having steak tonight - Dad's request! - and then tomorrow I will make vegetable soup. That way Dad can eat whenever he want during half time. I am assuming he will be watching as many games as he can. He has a project going in the woodshop - I don't know what but he's having a grand time with it.

I watched Keith Olbermann last night showing some old footage of the presidential campaign. All I can say is Barrack Obama is a class act!

I think I am catching a cold - DRAT! just went thru the medicine cabinet and all our cold remedies are expired. And I'm NOT going back to the store for 3 or 4 days!

Happy New Year to All!

No comments: