Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Well, I keep waiting for someone to post something but NADA! Sooooooooo, I will bring you all up to date on my doings. I have been on a jigsaw puzzle marathon for several days. Bought one new one and found an old one I hadn't done in years. Just the thing on cold rainy days. Even Dad will sit down and work on it.

Our trip to Pennsylvania was okay - the trip up was horrible - traffic, rain, and then darkness. Plus Dad sitting in the backseat doing his best to harass the driver. Ellen (the driver) did an excellent job. We arrived at the motel at about 7:30 P.M. - that's right - 7 hours for a 4 hour trip due to weather and traffic. We were all hungry but couldn't face getting in the car again so we ordered a pizza delivered from Dominos - it was okay.

Monday morning was the Memorial Service for Aunt Nancy - first a "meet and greet" followed by the service and the trip to the cemetery. It was nice to see Chris and Russ and their families - Chris turned out to be the best looking one. Angie is always sweet and friendly, and I really like Russ' wife. She is down to earth and easy to talk to. She is a school librarian so we always discuss books. After the cemetery we all went to Shirley and Russ' house for a little while - it's a beautiful house. Melissa has made a Swedish cake - Nancy used to make them for special occasions. We left after a couple of hours for the trip home. Much easier this time around - very little traffic and no rain. Went out to dinner in Fredtown with Ellen, Scott, Katie and Mark. - HEY - today is Katie's birthday!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Dad and I drove home the next morning with a quick "potty" stop at Barnes & Noble - not to mention a small purchase. Then it was on to home and Sandi and my little Fritzy - I adore that little guy and I think both dogs were thrilled to see us.

Now let me tell you about the house! I don't know how Jane does it all - it was only 2 days she was here. Windows washed, house vacuumed and dusted, all carpets shampooed, floors mopped - it hasn't been this clean in a long, long time.

I have really mixed emotions about Aunt Nancy, but I will get into that another time. I really thought she would live to be 100.

Kisses all around!

XXX

No comments: