Monday, July 28, 2008

I have not been posting here because my life is so quiet and uneventful - and I like it that way! Jane, Marianne, James, Christian, and Jaida were all here this weekend and we had a lovely time. The little ones ran around a lot and fell in love with the beanie babies. Jaida has a nice little tan and was kind of quiet. Christian was his usual irrepressible self. I had made lasagna before they came so I wasn't tied up in the kitchen very much. Jane and Marianne managed to do most of the clean-up, too, which was great. My cake turned out okay - almost sickening sweet - just the way I like it.

There was much talk about the upcoming wedding - Jane seems to have lost a lot of her enthusiasm - Jackie and Adam have little or no interest in anything but each other and drinking vodka! Jane says they stay in their bedroom just about 24/7. Jane took home my geraniums and lobelia for her garden - she's done her utmost to make it a success but it is terribly frustrating to work with uncooperative participants.

It's been so hot and humid that I haven't done much outside except watch plants keel over from lack of water. I used my last Barnes and Noble gift card to get 2 books by Elizabeth Ironside, one by Leif Enger, and one by Anthony Doerr. I am immersed in Barack Obama's Dreams From my Father - am finding it very interesting - what an interesting life he has led. I find it curious that his father is constantly referred to as a goat herder when in reality he was a Ph.D. and Phi Beta Kappa to boot.

Today I will work in the garden until it's too hot. We have had 3 tomatoes so far. I know I planted them too close together, and with lack of water they look terrible, but as long as they produce enough for my tomato sandwiches I don't care.

Nancy - does Joey still lift weights? And Jamie needs to stuff himself with ice cream - lol.

See you all this weekend!!

No comments: