Wednesday, July 16, 2008

recovered post from mom:

Glad Nancy's home safe and sound. Must be hard to go back to work! The cabin in the mountains looks terrific. I am picturing what it must look like with snow all around. Treacherous drive, though.

Nothing much going on here. Did a little yard work yesterday. We had 1.3 inches of rain Monday night which was wonderful but the garden still looks like !$#@%$#. I am so engrossed in the book I'm reading (Death of a President by William Manchester) that I'm finding it difficult to do anything else by read. I read this book when it was first published - 1967 - and I find it interesting to reflect on the feelings I had then and the feelings I have now. We spent (my Mother, Father, and Dad) that whole weekend - Nov. 22, 1963 standing in front of the television. I don't think we ever sat down - peculiar - and our meals were finger foods as we stood there. It also mentions lots of people I had kind of forgotten about - like Everett Dirksen, a very interesting Senator, so I've having lots of fun googling people and events.

I have been watching Flipping Out on Bravo - is this guy Jeff an AR (anal retentive) or what. He needs some time with a shrink, along with the guy he fired. Interesting show.

I am hoping the New Yorker will give John McSame with same attention they gave Obama - like in diapers or something. I know that cover was satirical BUT!!!!!

Back to my book - Toodle oooooo --

No comments: