Monday, July 14, 2008

We are home....sad to say, but glad to be in my own bed

Yeah, vacationtime will be over for me tomorrow - back to work. It was a very nice vacation. Relaxing when i didn't have to drive long distances. The scenery was very pretty from the Virginia route to the North Carolina route coming home. When we left, thought i would back track home, the way we came. And, we borrowed Mark's GPS. I programed it for the shortest route. Thought we were going home the way we came w/the GPS, however, while driving we came across a sign that stated "Welcome to North Carolina"! Then i realized we were not going the same route. OH WELL!! I wasn't going to turn around. I will say the route along the Tenn. Smoky Parkway was very pretty. A lot of steep grades. Glad there were not too many truckers out there. Everyone was whizzing by me --i did not go more than 65mph the entire trip. Jamie had a severe case of gas...now called "walmart bathroom" farts. He never gives me a heads up either..it's just a smell and "Jamie, is that from you?" Couldn't roll the windows down either due to the heavy rain!!!

I'm going to try and post a few pics of our cabin and the scenery. The cabin was very pretty. I wished i owned it..but on flat land. Driving in the mountains is just too much for me. Let alone this place..had to drive up a steep hill. The cabin is right against the mountain. The balcony's both are on stilts and have sheer drop offs. MOM- if you were there you would forbid anyone to go and walk on the balconys!!! When i see you guys i can show you more pics if you are interested!! OK, I'm done for now.

No comments: