Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Good Tuesday Morning! Interesting how you cooked those taters, Jane! Could you use a crockpot, too? I suppose if you kept it in the back and only partially filled it would work. I could think of some titles for your truckin cookbook - heh, heh!

I have finally put back bedroom together - neglected to do some things - like window washing, etc. but it will do for now. Really needs to be painted but I just can't bring myself to face all that mess - especially with dad! Maybe after Christmas. I shampooed the carpet in there on my hands and knees - I"M TOO OLD FOR THIS! Can't find adapter for my electric shampooer and Dad doesn't seem to comprehend what I'm talking about. Will check in Wal-Mart.

Slept thru Little People, Big World last nite but caught it on TIVO this A.M. Not a mention of Matt's DUI - but then, I didn't expect one. I really love that family, but I dislike Zach - he is just too fresh. I watch the Barefoot Contessa every day - I love her show - but have only tried one recipe - Chicken Parmesean - which Dad detested! I got an old pole from woodshop and beat the living daylights out of the chicken breasts - made them very tender. I should have just breaded them and let well enough alone. I even bought a bottle of wine to make the sauce - what a waste. This weekend I will attempt an apple pie with "from scratch" pastry. I haven't made that in many, many years but the Barefoot Contessa makes it look so easy. (Can I put leftover wine in it?)

Dad and I drove thru Kentucky when we came here from California - just beautiful if full of rednecks! Pretty horse country and lots of picturesque farms. It must be gorgeous this time of year.

Roy Spain just cleared some land across from his house - says he is going to build a new barn.

Can't think of anything more to tell you - gorgeous day here but dry, dry, dry.

Love,
Mom

No comments: