Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hello from somewhere near Chicago IL

We are waiting to be unloaded at this place-us paper- right next to the Tribune!
Thanks for posting Marianne. I still need to go to the gift exchange thing...not sure of what to do there.
....Mom -Mark got out the little tv..with dvd...we have "flags of our fathers" I hope it is not a net flick. We will return it .....when we can.
Usexpress better send us closer to home if we are to arrive there by 6pm on friday.......we will see. Mark has to get his DL renewed and has to take the vision test - so we need to get home soon. I also put in a request for Thanksgiving..don't know if we will get it. Anyway when we get home I will buy a turkey .....and trimmings and Zsuzsi and Michael can cook it.
The truck does stay running ...except when we are fueling...so we have power -heat and air conditioning-most trucks do stay running.Some truck stops have- called idleaire- there is a snorkle devise that attaches to the window - has heat/air, phone, tv, and internet-but usexpress doesn't pay for it - and neither are we. They have already disappointed us.....week before last only got 1600 miles, cause Marks dispatcher gave him crappy runs- took all day to unload/load with very few miles. This week I think we got about 2900--and we did the $trees with all of the unloading...that kicked our asses.
I have taken several pictures from the passengers seat... I see the one that came out the worst is the only one posted...Ellen did you get any other pictures from me? I will have to resend them if not.
Anyway... went through the mountains..nc/tn...I think I'm glad it was nighttime and I could'nt see out the window...cause it was very scary..you can also tell an experienced driver vs. new drivers...the one ahead of us was going really really slow...and there were about 100 trucks behind us..2 lanes only...left lane was for cars only...one trucker used it to pass ..the truck ahead of us. the one ahead had to pull over to -the emergency pull over.
Indiana ...is a pretty boring state..flat and not much to see from the interstate..I like PA, WV, OH, TN so far..from the interstate ..NC,SC,GA and VA are boring..both sides have trees and you can't see anything.
I will say by for now ..gonna play a game of litterati.. my score is down in the 1800's now, from losing my connections.
Lots of Love to everyone
jane and mark

No comments: