Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hi Everyone! BIG NEWS!!! We bought a new television! The old one in the bedroom has been "sick" for a while, and finally gave up the ghost. I hunted all around on the internet and ended up calling local dealers to find the best deal. I was kind of leary of buying from Wal-Mart - their brands were some that I'd never heard of. We ended up at the local new Sears and bought a 26" Panasonic that was on sale. Yippee - it's wonderful. Dad did pretty good installing it, although he kept muttering "I need Scott" and "I need Mark" - but after it was all connected and didn't work I called Panasonic and they stepped us thru it. It seems that one of the cables from the DirectTV box is not necessary and when that was removed everything was fine. They also stepped me thru programming the remote - it still isn't quite right - have to use new remote and the DirectTV remote - but I ain't complaining!

Will watch Hillary's speech today in full living color in air-conditioned splendor on my king-sized bed. As much as I like and respect her, I thought my heart would burst with pride when Obama finally won the nomination!

I think Jane's idea of wedding cake and punch is a very good one. Do you remember that strawberry cake Nancy got for Jaida's birthday from Sugar Plum bakery? It was the best cake I think I've ever had. Probably very expensive. And about the flowers . . . today I will dig up the heliopsis and pot them. I have been watering and fertilizing the past few days and we'll see how big they get. In the mean time Jane, keep your eyes open at Wal-Mart. Our local Wal-Mart gets in some really pretty stuff during the summer - last year they had some absolutely gorgeous delphiniums in full bloom. I was sorely tempted, but in the past the delphiniums I've had did so poorly I resisted. They just don't like our heat and humidity. I remember buying my heliopsis at Wal-Mart during the summer - tall and in full bloom. My oak-leaf hydrangeas are blooming now - best I've ever seen them. Their blooms last months and are very fragrant. If they are still okay, I will bring a huge bouquet for the festivities.

Oh yes - can Fritzy come if he wears a tuxedo??? LOL.

No comments: