Monday, June 2, 2008

That is a lovely picture of Adam and Jackie - Adam looks terrific. Glad Jane and Mark's trip went well and they are safely home.

E and S were here for the weekend - got the AC up and running - oh, yeah - wonderfully cool now. E and I went to see Sex in the City - pretty good - and Dad and S saw the latest Indiana Jones. Don't know how it was - S must have liked it because it was the second time he has seen it. Dad had no comment - probably meant he slept through it - lol.

I think it will be too hot to garden today - I need to do the first of the month bookkeeping anyway - yuck. S backed up a lot of our computer stuff - was getting worried about that. I bought a tiny little gizmo that plugs into computer and copies all kinds of stuff. Amazing. If that little thing can hold all that, why do I need this big console? Don't tell me, I won't understand.

I expect the latest Barnes and Noble order this week - the latest Ruth Rendell (an Inspector Wexford), plus 2 others I can't remember the names of - this old age memory is a pain in the you know what! I am waiting for the reviews before I order Andre Dubus III's (House of Sand and Fog) latest. Hate to order what I think the local library will get, too. And - big news - Wally Lamb has a new one coming out this fall. Right now I have just finished Donna Leon's Death in La Fenice, the first in a series of mysteries set in Italy - very good, will read more of them. Am starting The Magnificent Amberson's today - saw the movie many moons ago and don't remember much except Orson Welles.

Fritz is so funny with Max - growls and acts real tough which Max totally ignores. Of course, when Fritz is doing all this, he is safely away from Max and can't be reached. My little tough guy. He adores E, and tends to ignore me when she is here. I poured leftover KFC gravy on the dog food last night and Fritzy growled the whole time he was eating it to keep Sandi away - guess he liked it.

New guilty pleasure - BRIDEZILLA - thank you E.

Stay cool everyone - Catherine - how about a picture of Bowser????!!

No comments: