Saturday, June 7, 2008

Well, hello again! I was out before 7 to pot up the heliopsis - MAN - talk about hot and humid. Poor little plants - about 12 inches high - look a little wilty - hope they come around. I gave them a shot of miracle grow and put them in the shade to recover.

I came back in after that to catch the news on my new t.v. Well waddya know - nada, zero, zip, zilch! After much sweating and almost crying with frustration, I found out that your father had disconnected all the cables to adjust their length! Aha - he put them back incorrectly so after a minor adjustment the t.v. is back in business. What a relief. Was thinking I would have to contact Panasonic again.

Jane - about grass seed: just make sure you keep the newly seeded area moist. You might have to sprinkle (gently) twice a day. You should see new growth in about a week. I have had pesky turtles creeping about my garden - they love hostas! First I put them out by the apple trees and when I checked they were meandering back towards the garden. I took them down towards the creek and if they come back again I think I will make turtle soup. (No, not really, I don't think we would eat it.) Rather, I will put them in front of the truck and take a little drive. Please, don't tell me what you think of that!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Mom

No comments: