Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wow! What a nice surprise to see all the pictures! Jamie and Christian look so please with themselves. The big fish almost looks bigger than Christian. Did you cook the fish? And who cleaned them? Dad loves his new chair - spends lots of time in it.

Haven't been doing much here except reading, eating, gardening. Oh yes, and helping the economy by spending our economic stimulus dollars! Last week it was a new television and this week a new air condititioner. The old one in the bedroom was on it's last legs. It probably would have saved a lot of arguments to do without - Dad is always cold and I'm always hot. He wants it off, I want it on. All night long, whoever gets up turns it either off or on. I like it so cold that I have to use the electric blanket. Dad likes it steamy and stuffy. With no ventilation, no ac, 2 of us and 2 dogs it gets miserable.

This is such an exciting post! Only thing of note today - well 2 things - didn't catch the wild kitten yet and I saw a red fox this morning! Hope red fox doesn't like to eat cats! We have a different trap out now for the kitty but something must be wrong with it. Kitty is able to eat the food without springing the trap. Dad has secured the fence all the way around so the fox can't get in the yard but I'm still not letting Fritz out alone. Roy saw the fox in his yard several days ago.

Okay - off to my book - I got 7(!) new books on my last order and am halfway thru. So far I have loved them all and I'm saving the biggest for last - the latest from Andre Dubus III of House of Sand and Fog fame. I still have one more gift certificate that I'm saving for Wally Lamb's latest due out in November. I have read Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout, In the Flesh by Ruth Rendell, The Reserve by Russell Banks, and am in the midst of Lottery by Patricia Woods. All winners. Dad is reading The Appeal by John Grisham.

Mom

No comments: