Tuesday, June 3, 2008

That is a beautiful dog, Catherine, and he looks like he's going to be big - REAL big! We'd love to have you bring him up here - Sandi will play with him, Fritz tends to keep away from the big dogs, at least he does with Max, Ellen's big collie. Except, when Max is sleeping, Fritz will sneak up and sniff him you-know-where, lol. There's lots of agression when Nancy comes with her doxie, Brutus. Thought they would love each other - WRONG. I'm told it's because they are both un-neutered males, but we both have plans to get that done. Sometimes, it's so bad we keep them both on leashes. Bowser (am I spelling that right?) is enough bigger than Fritz that he will probably stay well away from him.

Had a nice surpise yesterdy while working with my oakleaf hydrangeas - 2 volunteers hidden way underneath. If I can get them out safely I will save them for Jane and Ellen. Am also going to root some catmint for them - it's so pretty this year. I counted 32 redbud tree seedlings, too, so will pot up a lot of those.

Not doing anything much today, just goofing around. I am trying to sink my teeth into The Magnificent Ambersons, a Booth Tarkington novel, but am having a slow time of it. Watching t.v. too, for news of Hillary. I hope she makes a graceful exit and campaigns hard for Obama. I hope laws are passed to limit campaing funding and timing. A year and a half are wayyyyyyy too long. And the amount of money spent is obscene.

Jane, don't worry too much about your grass - just water it and you will surely get crabgrass and that's green! Also, how about just having a nice wedding cake and punch? Do it early afternoon to avoid lunch and dinner times. That would be much easier, and the money not spent on food can be spent on cake. Anyhow, just let me know what I can do, cook, make, etc.

XXX
Mom

No comments: