Thursday, June 12, 2008

meme

a Meme consists of any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that gets transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods and terms such as race, culture, and ethnicity. Memes propagate themselves and can move through a "culture" in a manner similar to the behavior of a virus. As a unit of cultural evolution, a meme in some ways resembles a gene. Richard Dawkins, in his book The Selfish Gene,[2] recounts how and why he coined the term meme to describe how one might extend Darwinian principles to explain the spread of ideas and cultural phenomena. He gave as examples tunes, catch-phrases, beliefs, clothing-fashions, and the technology of building arches.

So here is one:


    What was I doing ten years ago?

    What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:

    5 Snacks I enjoy:


    Things I would do if I were a billionaire:


    Places I have lived:

    Jobs I have had:

And here are my answers.....What are yours?

What was I doing ten years ago?

June, 1998. I was just beginning a correspondence with two men. One I only emailed and never actually met. One is my current husband! I had been in a deep depression after a bad break up and was sort of just wheeling through life with little care. I was teaching 4th grade in a brand new school.



What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
1. take a bath

2. relax

  1. watch television for a bit

    4. since it said non-work I have no other things on the to-do list

  • 5 Snacks I enjoy:

    cookies, crackers, fruit, cheese, hors d'ouvres

  1. g
    Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
    Wow. Billionarire is really rich.

    Pay tuition for Kaiti, pay off debts.

    Pay families debts

    build dream houses in a compound for my family

    see the world – first class, I mean pyramids, Machu Pichu, Greece, Rome, China, Australia, everything I can!!!

    give a ton to charity

    Places I have lived:

    Spain
    California (Carmel, Monterey, Salinas, Pacific Grove)

    Connecticut (Torrington, Winsted, Riverton)

    Virginia (Virginia Beach, Farmville, Stafford)

    Jobs I have had:

    Snow Cone maker

    babysitter

    nanny

    retail (macy's, a jewelry store, another dept.store, and a grocery store)

    maid

    nurses' aide

    secretary

    collections clerk

    art gallery attendant

    curator-in-training

    teacher

    mother

    wife

    I've probably forgotten something


No comments: