Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Guess everyone is recovered from the big event. I don't see how Jane and Mark accomplish all that they do - makes me worn out thinking about it! The food was great, especially potato salad and barbecue. The wedding cake was darling. Everyone was on their best behavior except for Denise - she also takes the prize for being the ugliest and rudest - lol. Hope Jackie and Adam live happily every after....

My poor yard is scorched and burned. Can't remember the last time we had rain. Lost some potted plants while we were gone, but I figured that would happen. Wal-Mart has New Zealand impatiens for $1.48 so will replace what I lost with those. Bought a new hanging planter and put in white wave petunias with pink New Zealand impatiens.

I wish I had brought Jane some of my redbud seedlings. The shady area where the ceremony took place is a perfect spot for a woodland garden - redbud trees (they grow fast), hostas, ferns, impatiens, coleus, etc. would be great there.

Sandi and Fritz slept all the way home and couldn't even be bothered to raise their heads for their dinners. They slept most of yesterday too, and had Monday's dinner for breakfast.

I had a horrible night last night - woke up about midnight in severe pain with the muscle pull in my leg, and managed to hobble out to the kitchen where I sat until it eased up somewhat and then made it as far as the couch where I watched a ton of programs that I had TiVo'd. Finally took 2 tylenol PM's about 3 a.m and managed to sleep until 6. I hope this leg business is not a regular occurence.

I think we will probably go up to Charlottesville on Friday. Dad is complaining about high cost of gas and that we shouldn't go, but he already agreed to the trip before we left Jane's or I never would have brought that stuff home with me.

Jane, I hope you are spending this week lounging in front of the t.v. or computer - you deserve a nice rest. And thanks again for all the hospitality.

Love
Mom

No comments: