Thursday, August 21, 2008

Well, school starts today. 5 sixteen week courses and 1 eight week course. I can already tell my education class is going to be very time consuming. We have to do observation field work and sit in 40 hours and take notes and fill out worksheets and we have to sit in a school board meeting and also a teacher workshop and answer question about that. I thought I would be able to use my substitute hours as my field work, nope. They won't let me. So now I have to take off work to go sit in different classes and observe. My plan has always been to work my school schedule around my work so I don't have to take any days off, well this totally screws that up. But I figured I could sign up to go into a high school and they start before I have to be at work and then just take a few hours off here and a few hours off there until everything is added up. I'm looking forward to the end of this semester already and it's only day one.

One class I am looking forward to doing is my PE class, Pilates. It's an online class so we just use dvds and a book and do it ourselves. I've done yoga before and really liked it so hopefully I'll feel the same about this. I'm taking two geography courses, both online, and one of the professor set it up so we could finish early. All assignments, quizzes, and tests are posted and available when ready. In the other geography course I get to write a 10-15 page paper, not sure what about yet but it was in the syllabus. Not looking forward to that. The good thing is that I kept in touch with my old English professor and I'm sure she will be willing to help me with that.

I suppose I should get back to work, almost lunch time though. I hope everyone has a good day.

Love,
Catherine

No comments: