Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's 7 A.M. Saturday morning and I'm drinking my first cup of coffee while I play a game of literati! I mailed the names to be drawn for Christmas Gift exchange to Michael and Szuszi yesterday. Also told them to invite Eric, Katherine, and Adam to Nancy's birthday party - I don't have their email addresses.

this will give you a chuckle - Nancy called last night and asked me to knit stockings for the dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then Ellen said if I did that I had to knit stockings for her 10 cats! NO WAY, JOSE.

It seems to have gotten much colder overnight - have a fire going in the fireplace now. We have been mulching leaves - hope to finish up today or tomorrow. I am going to make beef barley soup today - the recipe is on the package of barley. Ellen told me about it and said it was good. No doubt your father will take one taste and then eat a peanut butter sandwich.

Katie went off to Drexel Institute in Philadelphia this weekend to attend an SDS convention (that's Students for a Democratic Society). You all are probably all too young to remember that group but it has an interesting history. She met up with a group at George Washington U. and from there they had a chartered bus. Should be an interesting weekend.

We got "The Namesake" from netflix yesterday and will probably watch it today. I read the book - it was lovely so hope we like the movie. Went to the book signing the other evening - the author read some of her book too. She was very good but I think I will avoid readings in the future. Seemed to take away some of the excitement of reading the book for myself.

Dad is rattling around in the kitchem making his breakfast. Sandi is in the den munching her milkbone and Fritz is on my lap!

Drive carefully - love everyone

Mom

No comments: