Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Guess I am posting here for my sole benefit. Oh well, since I am the most interesting person I know, I will just continue on.

A small miracle happened last night - well a wee small miracle. And no, it was nothing of a carnal nature. I actually slept 9 whole hours! I only woke up once to make a potty run and smoke a you-know-what, and then back to beddy bye for another 6 hours. That hasn't happened in about 20 years. Of course when I get back into bed I have to make Sandi leave my warm spot - almost makes me sad enough to go park myself on the sofa - but not quite!

I am off to Barnes and Noble now to use one of my Christmas gift cards! I will pre-order the new Elizabeth George novel - ordering online gets a big discount, preordering gets another 5% off, and then with my membership I get a little bit more off - a good deal. I will also order the new Alan Pell Crawford book about Jefferson - Twilight at Monticello - since I loved his other book - Unwise Passion - (a true story which took place right here in Farmville) I'm hoping that this one will be equally good. Also on order is Mountain Madness, recommended by Aunt Joanne. It has to do with a young man, Scott Fischer, who led an ill-fated expedition up Mt. Everest. He is/was the son of very good friends of hers and I had met them along with their son several times when visiting Aunt Joanne. Previouosly I had read the Jon Krakauer book - Into Thin Air - about that expedition and just wondered at the mentality of those hardy souls foolish enough to risk that climb.

Okay goils - am off to B&N. Toodle ooooh.

No comments: