Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sentimentality

I just stopped what I was doing to listen to Franz Schubert's Marche Militaire on NPR. Every time I hear it I think back to Marianne and James' wedding day. It is such a happy, lighthearted melody, perfectly suited to that lovely day! I have such nice memories from that day, adorable little Jaida walking down the aisle with her Mom, Christian looking so cute, gorgeous wedding dress on Marianne, all the beautiful bridesmaids in their pretty dresses, handsome James and handsome grandsons. I had a wonderful time that day - even chuckle when I remember Mark and I going for the wedding cake and Mark parking illegally (sort of). I was going to put all this in a email to Marianne and James, but decided, no - I want everyone to read it. I was a proud grandma that day and it's a memory I cherish!

Lump in the throat here!

No comments: