Tuesday, April 22, 2008

hi everyone!

My feet hurt! (for more on Ellen's feet, read ellenville.ellenac.blogspot.com) School has been so hard lately, and I'm planning a blog post on my own about the woes of teaching in springtime (joy!)

I came home today after teaching the after school math group -- who are awesome kids who want to learn -- and ran some errands -- then spent 2 hours cleaning. I love my new vacuum. Jane would be soooo jealous.

By the way-- -Oxyclean -- well, not so much. It doesn't get out dirt from white grout. Especially if it has been ground in for several weeks and basically baked on.

Had my wine society dinner last night - -cold crabcakes and burnt prime rib!!! But washed down with a beautiful Pinot Noir from Sonoma. I really want to do a California wine tour - rent a convertible and drive up from Santa Barbara - Solvang - San Simeon - Big Sur - Carmel - Monterey - and leave from San Francisco. I guess I should start a collection and a sign up list for who wants to go. That was spurred on by the wine sommelier (sp?) last night who kept referring to tropical, sunny Monterey. I finally called him over and corrected him. So, who's in???!!!

Yes, Nancy - we are not the only ones on this blog. I just wonder if people realize that Big Mama is the collective Nancy, Mom (the real one) Jane (the trucking one) Catherine, Marianne, Zsuzsi, Catherine and me. Well, maybe they do now.

I heard from Kaiti and she is almost done with her first semester. She found a summer place to work/live-- a B&B where she works for rent!!! I am so proud of her and I miss her (finally!) I printed a picture of her to put up in my room at school.

I may be pursuing my graduate degree soon....We'll see. Travelling the world vs. paying tuition forever is the final decision maker.

hugs all!!!

E.

No comments: