Tuesday, April 22, 2008

We have had lots of rain here in Farmville, too. Haven't measured it, but it's been raining off and on for 2 days. Hope this doesn't mean another summer-time drought.

Big news here is that yesterday I had delivered a truckload of mulch (be still my heart)! I found a new guy to buy it from - he has a sawmill and makes his own mulch but usually delivers to other distributors but business is slow this year. The guy I usually buy from is now charging $350 plus mileage - can you believe?!? Anyhow, the mulch I got is beautiful, fragrant cedar stuff. Notice I'm not telling how much I paid - it was a lot, but a lot less than $350.

In other news from the homefront - I managed to "bounce" a check! The bank paid it so it really didn't bounce. Quicken showed ample funds (more than ample) so there is a big mistake somewhere, but darned if I can find it. The same day our state tax refund came, so we won't be having bouncing problems this week.

No other big news to report - trying to be more economical with food - what I would have given Sandi before, I now either freeze or serve again. Ain't easy trying to stretch the food dollar and pleasing your father at the same time.

Speaking of which (whom), he has framed many pictures - and now it's up to me to find room to hang them. YIKES - we're out of wallspace here!

Have a good one everybody - oh yes - tonight on TV it's Family Jewels and New York housewives!!!

And that's why it's good to be me (said with a small smile and raised eyebrow)!

No comments: