Monday, May 5, 2008

And today is Bobby's birthday! How well I remember you coming home from the hospital with Marianne - at first glance it looked like the carseat was empty, but she was so tiny, she was way down at the bottom. Remember how colicky she was? But in between cries she could always give a smile - lol. And I remember sitting in the coffee shop with Nancy and Michael when Bobby was born and the intercom calling for your doctor STAT! We were laughing when we heard that. And then Michael got a polaroid of Bobby from the delivery room and went around to eveyone he saw showing it off - "dis is my brudder!"

Now I'm going to tell you how much your father likes Kentucky Fried Chicken! Yesterday as we ate lunch I suggested KFC for dinner - immediately Dad said let's go - I protested that we'd just had lunch and that would be for dinner. He kept it up until I said we would go at 4:45. We didn't have enough cash so he even called KFC to see if they took credit cards. Anyhow, the chicken was good but what a rip-off! $13 Bucks for 4 pieces of chicken and a side of cole slaw!

I am reading Nine Parts of Desire by Geraldine Brooks about women of the middle east and her experiences there as a journalist. Very interesting. Am waiting for my B&N order - supposed to be shipped tomorrow and I should have it by Wednesday. I got the new Elizabeth George novel, Twilight at Monticello. and Mountain Madness about an ill-fated climb of Mt Everest. Now the big decision - which should I read first?!

Had a interesting and creepy experience in the garden yesterday - heard a big commotion from a couple of birds by my dovecote, so I stopped what I was doing to watch what I presumed would be a bird fight, when lo and behold, a huge (and I mean HUGE) black snake slithered out and down the pole! Since then Dad has placed some wire mesh around pole so snakes can't get up there again, but it might be too late for this little bird family. What I am wondering, how did the snake know that there were eggs in that nest? After all, the pole is at least 6 feet in the air - and snakes can't smell, can they?

I have not watched the John Adams show on HBO but I have it TIVOed. Will watch it one of these days. Tell Szuszi that we tried to watch Kontroll from Netflix. I ordered it because it won some awards, but we ended up not liking it. It was filmed entirely in the subway system of Budapest, in Hungarian of course. Kept it here for a while hoping Szuszi would be up for a visit, but finally sent it back.

Have a great day everyone (I have to clean house today because Mrs. Cleanjeans is coming for a visit)!

Mon

No comments: