Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's not really raining here today - just enough of a drizzle to keep me inside. We went to Wal-Mart this morning to stock up for the weekend and of course, I had to go into the garden department! They are certainly all stocked up for Mother's Day but I headed straight for the hostas - gasp! - they are now $2!!!!!!! Bought 3 Golden Tiaras to replace the ones torn up by the voles. Also 3 nice little coleus - a buck each. Coleus are hard for me - I'm too fussy about the colors - my garden area is so dark that the light colors are the only ones that look good there.

Came home, put groceries away and called a friend and chatted for awhile. She had called me several times yesterday and being in such a rotten mood, when I saw it was her, I just didn't answer the phone. She is a perfectly nice person and we have lots of laughs together but I just wasn't in the mood yesterday.

I am now awaiting the UPS delivery of my B&N order. Tracking showed it would be delivered today and he is usually here by now. I have read 2 books this week waiting for this order - both less than 200 pages with large print.

tonight for dinner we are having some frozen Chinese stuff that Scott showed me last time he and Ellen were here. Looks good - hope it's good. If not, we'll just have to fill up on Oreo's double stuff and ice cream (just kidding).

I have been buying navel oranges for myself - I know they are expensive but I only eat one per day and I LOVE them. Well now your Dad has discovered how good they are and you know him - eats 3 or 4 at a time. No wonder he's always running to the bathroom.

HARK!!!!!!!!!!! I think I hear a truck and both dogs are barking. Bet you didn't know that such a little thing could make this old woman's heart pound with excitement - almost as good as an org - oh, never mind. Dad has just arrived in computer room with my 3 books from B&N so tata for now.
(I'm happy again)