Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gosh Jane - your trip to Missouri sounds hard - drink lots of coffee - keep the driver awake - don't let Jackie drive!!!!! Where will Adam go after this?

Yes, I knew Jefferson was broke, and that he gave his books to Congress - but I always thought he GAVE them. He made a tidy little profit there, but not enough to lift him out of debt. Shortly before he died he held a lottery for Monticello, winner to take possession after the death of Martha, but it didn't work.

And I wish you lived closer, too, as i have tons of plants I'm just yanking out. Do you have a place for morning glories?, Brazilian verbena?, cosmos?, well, you get the idea. I will just keep potting them up until I run out of pots - lol. The poor peonies this year didn't have much of a chance with all the wind we've have. Cut the blooms off this morning.

I am wondering how Joey and Jamie are today and if Jamie was able to go to school. No doubt Nancy will get the "bug" now too.

I will look forward to your visit with the babies. Start saving bones - pork chops, chicken, etc., wash them, bring them here when you come and we'll bury them, then the little ones can have an archeological (sp.?) dig. Great fun for them. They can paint some rocks and we'll try to fix up a little sand box. Bring OLD clothes.

Back to the garden now - need to stake up the tomato plants today.

XXX

No comments: