Thursday, May 8, 2008

Let me tell you about my day yesterday...Dad was prescribed a new medication - terribly expensive and Ft. Lee does not carry it. Doctor's office recommended we use Tricare for Life mail-in RX's. Fine. Off I go to their website - well let me tell you .. 4 hours and several phone calls later I think I have Dad enrolled in their program and prescription mailed in. What frustration! Not only is the web site very difficult to navigate, they give no indication as to how to pay for the dang thing, and - if you can believe it - give the wrong address to mail it to. I only know that because I called up to verify that all the info I had was correct. This all left me in a stinko mood - think I even snapped at Nancy when she called. Was wishing I had a pound or two of chocolate on hand to soothe my nerves, but was too lazy to go buy some.

Anyhow, that shot down my day of housecleaning and I gave up the ghost to work in the garden. First I was scared out of my wits by a lizard scampering around - always on the lookout for copperheads, you know. Then I couldn't decide which to do first, mulch, weed, transplant - etc. Ended up doing a little of each - very little - until the UPS man arrived with my latest order - just some summer shirts from Land's End and NOT my Barnes and Noble order - Grrr! Ended up yaking over the gate with the UPS driver - have known him for years - as we swapped stories about government beaurocracies. Then into the house to whip up some ultra delicious dinner - yeah, right, sure. Nothing defrosted so had to resort to tuna salad sandwiches. That would have been okay, except that the celery was brown! Managed to salvage half a stalk. Then into the den to watch The Savages - from Netflix. I ordered it because Laura Linney - who I like - was nominated for the Oscar for this role - anyhow, it was a rather depressing movie - and dull enough to put me to sleep for the last half hour.

So - today is a new day (even if it began at 2 in the morning for me) and I will resume cleaning - send Dad to store to buy essentials - you know - milk, chocolate, bread, chocolate, and oh yes - and some fruit so we don't get backed up with all that chocolate.

Love to all
Mom

No comments: