Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hi - guess you're back on the road again - glad you got a decent vehicle to get to PA in.

I am really dragging today. Up early, did laundry, went to get flu shots, and then wal-mart for the last of the thanksgiving meal food - didn't get the right stuff for one of my recipes but I AIN'T goin back! Will make do with something else. Got all the groceries put away and then started polishing silver and getting out serving pieces and china. Should be down in kitchen now but am too tired. Tomorrow is baking day - 3 pies - apple, pecan, and lemon merinque and a pumpkin trifle. Am making my own pie crusts for the first time in about 20 years! Hope it works out - I've had some spectacular failures with pie crust dough in the past.

Finished the book I was reading - "Abandon Ship" about the sinking of the Indianopolis at the end of WWII. It was very good - and very moving. Now I can't get interested in another book - oh well, I really should be doing other stuff.

Sandi and Fritz say HI and send kiss-kiss

Love to all,
Mom

No comments: