Friday, November 23, 2007

Hi there! Glad your turkey dinner was good. For $90 it should have been spectacular! Our day was a succes - I am basing my opinion on the fact that Sal had 2 large helpings of everything and then had a nap after dinner! He bypassed dessert, tho. Jaida was here usual charming self - very sweet little girl - Nancy taught her how to give "pinkie" hugs and Jamie played "trucks" with her most of the time. Shannon brought a corn pudding to share - very good - and told me where to find the recipe online. Turkey was good and we had all the trimmings. Nancy and Ellen brought wine, sparkling apple cider, stuff for relish tray, special coffee for dessert, etc., etc. thank god I had them to help me - we managed to drag kitchen table into dining room so we could all eat together. I had gotten out all the silver, china, and crystal (and washed and polished it all!) so I was all worn out. Nancy did ALL the dishes, too. I will call Michael and Szuszi tomorrow and see how theirs turned out. I had sent Marianne an email to invite her, too, but I think she was probably with James' family.

Elllen and Nancy and Jamie are in town now - walking up and down Main Street checking out the stores. They had wanted me to go but I am pooped. Not only that - biggest shopping day of the year and I'rather stay home and eat and smoke).

BTW, the pumpking trifle was absolutely delicious - Ellen said she would make it for Christmas. She has a special trifle dish and it looks very pretty, too.

Dad and Joey are taking out the last of the airconditions - we ran them yesterday but it has cooled off a lot here. Katie and Mark are still asleep - it's 1 P.M., and Scott just had breakfast and is probably anxious to get on this computer! lol

We will have turkey again tonite - have leftovers of all the vegtables. Nancy brought a heavenly ham and we'll bake that tomorrow.

Imagine you are back on the road by now - hope you don't go anywhere there is snow! It got cloudy and windy yesterday afternoon and a few drops of rain. The cold air felt good and we all sat outside before dinner and enjoyed the cool air.

The only embarassing note was the sherry! Ellen had bought a bottle to use some in the creamed onions (very good, btw) and the rest I decanted and offered everyone some when Shannon, Sal, and Bobby arrived. It was a dry white sherry and Sal informed us that it was "cooking" sherry! No one liked it - lol. Fortunately Ellen and Sal had brought some red wine so we had that to drink (not me or dad).

Okay - have rambled on and on - going to head to my bedroom now for some reading and maybe a little snooze. Drive carefully -

Love to all
Mom

No comments: