Tuesday, March 18, 2008

books, again!

I have very bad insomnia, for which I will be seeking help this week, in the mean time - after I have counted backwards and paced the house, I finally started reading a new book (having finished the one mom wants next). I also went to the author's website (inspectorbanks.com) and found a transcript of an interview done with him and loved the questions. I 'd love to see your answers, too. Go to the website for Peter Robinson's answers.
On your nightstand now:

Favorite book when you were a child:

Your top five authors:

Book you've faked reading:

Book you are an evangelist for:

Book you've bought for the cover:

Book that changed your life:

Favorite line from a book:

Book you have re-read:

Book you most want to read again for the first time:

On your nightstand now: a large basket of books with Special Topics in Calamity Physics at the front.

Favorite book when you were a child: Depending on the age, I loved Nancy Drew, and also the Honeybunch series. Still have my original "Where the Wild Things Are"

Your top five authors:
John Cheever, Ursula Hegi, Ruth Rendell....Peter Robinson (right now)....even Jennifer Weiner.

Book you've faked reading: lots and lots - In a Plantation Household comes to mind - but I read some of it, and Old Man and the Sea....ugh, I could smell the fish just reading that.

Book you are an evangelist for: Stones from the River, also Suite Francais lately.

Book you've bought for the cover: None - except maybe coffee table books on sale - JFK book that I have right now.

Book that changed your life: This is a tough one, I have read many that I remember and that touched my life, but changed? Stones from the River, Suite Francais, Cold Mountain, Grapes of Wrath, She's Come Undone, The Joy of Cooking, The Almanac of American History (Schlessinger).


Favorite line from a book:
I wish I could remember one - besides, "I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop, beating up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way a kid laughs when he's hungry and knows supper is ready. I'll be there." (Grapes of Wrath).

Book you have re-read:
Stones from the River, Grapes of Wrath, Cold Mountain, all of John Cheever's books at least twice.

Book you most want to read again for the first time:

don't know

No comments: