Monday, March 24, 2008

update

Well, dad is doing good, surgery went well and all. He was in the ICU-stepdown unit floor for a couple days and then they moved him upstairs to a regular room. He is unhooked from everything and gets to eat real food and drink juice and water. They still have a prescription in for pain medicine every 6 hours..only if he needs it. He gets up and takes walks during the day but it tires him out real fast and he lays back down for a while. The doctors say that he might get to come home tomorrow. I hope so but I don't want them to send him home too early because last time they did that he ended up back in the hospital the same day with an infection. So he'd rather they keep him until they are sure he won't have to come back. His doctor said that the hospital is the worst place to try and rest to get better and that once a patient goes home they can really start to recover and get some good rest. I think he his just scared that something else is going to end up going wrong. My mom said that it seemed like everytime he took a step forward he took two steps back. I hope this is it. Thank you everyone for all your prayers and concerns, it means a lot to all of us, especially my dad. He asked me to thank all of you.

Well Ellen, you are right about spring break.. it was over waaay too fast. I had spring break not last week but the week before. It was the fastest week out of the semester. I cannot wait until summer time. Taking away school for those few months makes so much of a difference. It just seems like I have so much more time to get things done and not so much to worry about. But there isn't one second of one day that I wish I could just go to school and live off my parents. I don't think I would be able to live like that.

Well sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I'll let you guys know how things go with dad coming home and all.

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

love,
catherine

No comments: