Wednesday, March 12, 2008

hola

I think Jane means she figured it all out about dad when she was in 4th grade -- Not that he started recovery then. I do have a lot of thoughts about the drinking years and the recovery center. Mostly, my thoughts are happy ones, I mean our memories are our memories, and with time they sort of dull. I loved the parties and the fun, but didn't love, in fact hated, the times when mom and I paced and worried about drunk driving....well, a certain drunk driving. I think that was the worst part. I love it when dad says he got a miracle, because I know for certain that is exactly what it must have been, and before it came, I couldn't have even imagined it. I am glad he got his miracle, because I am also certain he wouldn't be alive today if he was still drinking. He would have missed: Marianne, Katie, Joey, Jamie, Adam&Eric, all of us ditching lousy first husbands, my college degree, Jaida, Christian, and all the traveling and fun that he and mom have had so far. Another thing I think of is that Mark B., most of the grandkids and Scott don't really know the old dad - so to them, he is a different person. Oh well, enough deep thoughts.

In other developing news: I will not be having a mid-life baby......woo hooo!!! I mean, I love babies and all...but I'm not the best mother around, and so well, it would be a hard thing to do at this point when I am planning my retirement. I am considering going on the pill - but I guess this is too much information for the internet world -- if I thought there would be....a lot of baby-making-sessions I would, but since I know that aint gonna happen....no need!

Scott has been ill - pancreatitis. I hope this will convince him to eat healthier and come to the gym with me. His aunt had a heart attack followed by two strokes at his uncle's funeral this week. Both in their 50's~!!! His dad has already had a bypass and he is in his 60's and his mother.....well, anyway. In the mean time, I'm getting more insurance on his fat ass.

Two more teaching days until spring break. Whew! Then it's cram in everything I can before the SOL test, and then babysit until June something!!!!!!!!!!! I plan on being an annoying house guest this summer -- who wants me?????

ttyl!!!

Ellen

No comments: