Saturday, March 8, 2008

Oh boy! Books- right up my alley.

I will never forget my first book - Dick and Jane - What elses?!? It was the very first day of first grade and I ran home for lunch yelling I CAN READ? My great aunt who was visiting flung the New York Times newspaper at me saying "oh yeah - read that!" Took the wind out of my sails. Nevertheless, from that time on I have devoured books.

Yesterday I finished "People of the Book" by Geraldine Brooks - very interesting, and started the Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown - more "brain candy." I read "the Senator's Wife" earlier in the week - fluff but interesting - but the last few pages made me want to sling that book against a wall!

Sandi had to have surgery yesterday - she has some sort of growth on her tongue - Vet won't give us an opinion as to what it is other then to say he doesn't like the looks of it. We have to wait for the biopsy. She also had a lipoma (benign tumor) removed from her shoulder so she's kind of out of it today. Fritz is VERY interested in her incision so it's kind of a battle to keep him away. We weren't supposed to let Sandi have anything but a little water last night - but the poor old gal stood next to kitchen table drooling while we ate. Now when she wakes up she can have some breakfast.

Nancy - how come you never post? Jane - where are you? Catherine - keep us informed about your Dad.

No comments: