Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's Wednesday and beautiful and sunny. Spent the morning outside raking and mulching. Will head on out again in a little while. this is my favorite time of year. Every day there are new surprises in the garden - perennials I had forgotten about are emerging from their winter rest - sometimes it takes me a while to remember what each little plant is.

I am posting here again because I want to relate a "funny" story about Dad. I have been cleaning the computer room and trying to eliminate some of the junk your father has squirreled away over the years. I mean, who needs 8 2006 calendars??? I have been dumping all this stuff into the wastepaper basket and he kept asking me if he should dump it. I kept telling him "no" - not wanting him to see what I had discarded. He finally just grabbed it and took it out by the garbage cans. I watched him search thru the trash and retrieve pieces and stuff them into his pockets. ROFLMAO. You know if I ever ask him to do anything resembling housework he might say yes but then not do it or conveniently forget. Years ago he would go thru the garbage and retrieve useless stuff until I learned to camouflage it with coffee grinds, egg shells, or bacon grease. Guess I'll have to resort to that practice again.

Sandi has suddenly decided that she needs to spend the night on our bed! I know she's got arthritis so I am reluctant to make her move - but can't she remember she has her choice of 2 sofas? Not to mention padded carpets and extra beds! She sleeps crosswise at the foot of the bed which makes Fritz sleep up near us. Sandi will snarl at him if he gets too close to her. Thank heavens for king'size beds.

Okay - back to the garden.

No comments: