Sunday, March 2, 2008

You may deliver the load from Linen and Things to my house! Would happily share them with kids and grandkids! lol

I am taking a break from the garden(s) now. They are alll overgrown and horrible. I do see some things starting to come back - that's encouraging - and I heard on the radio that daylight saving time starts next weekend. I am in the midst of a literati game and falling asleep here. Think all that fresh air has wiped me out. I will most likely go have a snooze when I get offline.

We had corned beef and cabbage last night - yum - Happy St. Pat's Day.

Tonite's episode of Extreme Makeover is in Farmville (but not my house - I would need extreme KNOCKover - lol).

Am reading a pretty good book now - The Senator's Wife by Sue Miller. I had a hard time getting interested in a new book and this one is "brain candy" but at least I'm reading again. I had last read Into thin Air by Jon Krakauer about the ill-fated Mt. Everest climb - 1996 I think it was. t was recommended to me by Aunt Joanne because the son (Scott Fischer) of very old friends of hers led one of the expeditions and he died up there. Anyhow, it was a very scary book - am thankful that no one I know is interested in mountain climbing. There is a new book out - "Mountain Madness" which is the name of Scott's mountain climbing company. Don't know if I'll read it or not. I love to read books that make my heart pound, but all thru the Krakauer book I kept thinking "WHY?"

Okay - siesta time.

Love,
Mom

No comments: