Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I just listened to Barrack Obama's speech and all I can say is WOW! He put into words feelings that I have had for years, but didn't have the vocabulary to express! Very impressive and now that Hillary has loused up her campaign, I would not be disappointed at all if she lost the nomination.

NOW ONTO TO BOOKS!

Top 5 authors: Elizabeth George, Ruth Rendell, Peter Robinson, (can't remember any others, these are the 3 that I always buy. If Rohinton Mistry comes out with another one I'll be first in line.

The last book I faked reading was Moby Dick in 8th grade. Haven't read it to this day and probably never will. Uh - I should say NEVER will.

I'm always telling people to read The Power of One, but no one has taken me up on it.

The only book I ever bought for the cover was "The Beans of Maine" - cover was better than the text, but it wasn't bad.

Don't recall any book that has changed my life, but the more I read, the more I want to read.

Frankly my dear I don't give a damn is all i can remember right now.

I have reread Rohinton Mistry's A Fine Balance and would love to be reading it for the first time.

On my nightstand is Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud by Johathan Safron Foer. He wrote Everything is Illuminated - saw the movie (which I liked) but never read the book. It was recommended by our Katie. Sammy Davis Junior Junior! lol

As a child I read Ann of Green Gables - my mother, an orphan with red hair was raised by her aunt, gave me the book to read and I thought for a long time the book was about her.

And then there was Elsie Dinsmore - a real tear jerker! All the Nancy Drew books, Honebunch, and Rebecca of Sunnybrook farm.

My mother was a great believer in mustard plasters and would always read Ferdinan the Bull to me while I had to lay still. I remember that book extremely well - lots of mustard plasters!

A friend of the family, a very old lady who must have been a librarian or school teacher, recommended lots of books to me - I remember best Kon-Tiki and Sacajewa. She was a lovely lady and I wish I had known her better. She was Amelia Earheart's aunt.

No comments: