Sunday, March 2, 2008

Corned Beef With Cabbage

Yum.
Mom made it, so I copied. I did it in the Crock Pot - 7.5 hours on high - but it was fork tender. Put the cabbage in the last 1/2 hour - it could have been in longer, but I find for leftovers, best to have it a little firmer the first night. It was delicious!!!!!!!

We got a new vacuum today. A Euro Pro Infinity Pet Care Deluxe. It is bagless, which I didn't want, but you just push a button and all the stuff falls out the bottom. Unless you have a lot of hair and dirt, in which case, you have to dig it out. :-( Its better than the old one.

We went to a Log Cabin Expo yesterday - we saw lots of timber and log home designs and methods. We could get a Lincoln Log kit to build down on Alden's Acres for our old age home. I think I want it to be where the old veg patch was - behind the fruit trees - or up on the knoll behind the car parking area. Blah blah blah. I don't think I'll ever be able to "retire."

I saw "The Other Boleyn Girl" last night. Very good movie. I know I've been told we're related to Anne Boleyn- and a Jane Parker was her sister-in-law so I am wondering if that is the connection. I think Natalie Portman is a better actress than Scarlett (ridiculous lips) Johannsen. And, I think Henry VIII was not as good looking back then as they portrayed now...and they took liberties with history, but all in all a good movie - makes me want to go back to the U.K. I don't know how they thought they could tell Henry VIII's story without going to Hampton Court.....

I'm so not ready for Monday - but only two weeks until Spring Break. Too bad that it ends on Easter Sunday, making travel for the holiday difficult.

We won a weekend at a time share in Williamsburg at the Log Cabin Expo. We had to pay 99 dollars or something...2 nights including tix to Colonial Wmsburg in a cottage.... so we'll be going sometime.


In other news, I am missing a period, which hopefully means early menopause. If it means anything else....well......


adios for now,

crazy cat lady with annoying husband.

No comments: