Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thank you Grandma!

Well I just got off the phone with my mom and she said there is no cancer in there. He was having pain because there was no blood flow to the area right below where he had the surgery. The doctor said he wasn't sure why that was happening and he could try some sort of treatment that might work to get the swelling down and blood flow but if it doesn't work he will have to have a colostomy. I think my dad is over everything and would rather have a permanent colostomy rather than going through more treatment that might not work and end up with a colostomy anyways. He just wants to get back to having a life again and being able to enjoy it. He just got back to his room and is resting from the biopsy they did this morning. He is going to talk to the doctor later on to see about setting up a date to get his colostomy and he should be home tonight sometime. I'll keep you posted if anything new happens.

love,
catherine

No comments: