Sunday, March 30, 2008

meme

hi all -- glad to hear everyone is settled in and cleaned up! I would love to see your place Catherine - perhaps during one of my runaway weeks this summer! I look forward to a day at the beach and hanging with everyone. I hate moving, but, well -- that's a lie. I actually get the urge to move a lot....this house is the longest I have ever stayed anywhere! Consequently, there is no cleaning out of junk, and so I have a ton. I really will get it all organized. Really. This weekend was a wash- I like to think I accomplished something, but I really didn't do much - nursemaid to sore and whiny Scott (I could write a whole blog on his issues, but I'll spare you all), did some household chores, and started to settle in the screened porch- but it has been cold! In the 30's most of the time. So I have accomplished lots of computer games, the papers, a magazine, a quiche (best ever! I modified the recipe slightly so I'll tell you later mom) and two decent movies (Death at a Funeral, and Two Days in Paris - foreign films). I have also done some obsessive reading of blogs - watch for a big announcement coming soon on blogging. Here is a meme ( A meme (pronounced /miːm or mɛm/) consists of any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that gets transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods and terms such as race, culture, and ethnicity. for everyone to do (and by everyone, I mean Marianne, Nancy, Jane, Zsuzsi, and Mom at least) Also - everyone make sure they have April 12th scheduled for girls night out!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.) What was I doing 10 years ago?

2.) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)

3.) Snacks I enjoy

4.) Things I would do if I were a billionaire.

5.) Three of my bad habits

6.) 5 places I have lived

7.) 5 Jobs I have had:

***<>****


1.) What was I doing 10 years ago? March 1998 - I was very depressed and remember dating several different weird guys - and then swearing off dating - the "last" internet guy I agreed to date with reluctance came along in June - guess who he was. I was teaching 4th grade at Winding Creek, Katie was in 3rd grade and didn't like her teacher much (she WAS a bitch -the teacher). I had one dog and only two cats then.

2.) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)

laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, nursemaiding (don't ask what they are tomorrow - that list is 15 billion lines long)

3.) Snacks I enjoy
cheese, cookies, Stacy's Pita Chips (no fat!) in the garlic parmesan flavor, Wasa crackers, Triscuit Rosemary and Olive Oil flavor
4.) Things I would do if I were a billionaire.

Make sure Katie's college was paid for

build several beautiful homes on a sort of compound for all of us

see everything in the world except antarctica and the arctic circle

5.) Three of my bad habits
hair pulling
not putting away laundry
not making my bed

6.) 5 places I have lived
california
carmel valley, monterey, salinas, pacific grove, ft. ord
connecticut
torrington, winsted, riverton
virginia
va beach, farmville, fredericksburg

7.) 5 Jobs I have had:

archivist, exhibit coordinator, curator, secretary, collections agent

No comments: