Saturday, January 19, 2008

Farmville is fun~

Put Scott and I on the calendar for weekend after next. We can celebrate mom's bday and 51st anniversary at the same time.

I need something to read. Today was errand day. The go to the book store errand got put at the bottom, so I didn't make it there. I started "Gold Coast" but must admit, like Ruth Rendell, if I don't read each and every Peter Robinson I'll go mad. I sort of quit my book club here in Fburg, so I was thinking we could start a family book club. If not, I'll start one amongst my teacher friends. I have a "to be read" stack that is a mile high.

Since our big "fight" things have been better with Scott and I. He is realizing that as companions, we need to make time to do things together AND take care of the house, etc. He suggested we go look at antiques in town today, so we braved the very cold temps and looked at antiques. We had in mind to find a desk, and we saw tons. I found some sheet music from World War I with decorative colors and I was thrilled to spend 20 bucks on several original pieces ranging from "Over There" to "I'll be True to the Regiment" It was fun to look around at all the antiques.

We then went to every furniture store around and decided on a modernish/import piece at World Market as a desk. Baskets for filing, and it looks like out of a magazine. We didn't buy it, as one of our resolutions was no impulse buying and to pay cash if possible. We love World Market - reminds me of Mediterranean (sp?) Market in Carmel in a way --- which was closed down by the way when we went - my favorite store - oh well. After a brief run through PetSmart for litter bags we made it home to try our goodies from the market, but Scott needs to nap first. LOoooooong day. Oh, if you have a World Market in VA Beach, they have hard to find European stuff.

The jaunt through World Market reminded me of another resolution - to get passports. My friend Doro wants me to go to Germany someday with her and I'd be stupid not to take her up, but I need money and a passport. I am making all my tutoring money go to my travel fund. Tutoring, btw, is a great way to make some cash, Catherine (and Zsuzsi and everyone else). People will pay at least 20 bucks an hour for you to do homework with their kid. I get 38 an hour from my school, but that is because I have a license.

Well, I am going to try my new salami and wake up Mr. Snore. Oh, Zsuzsi, your're necklace came - I'll get to you some time - its cute!

***it's snowing****

:-) Ellen

No comments: