Monday, January 28, 2008

Hi everyone! I am happy to report we have a NEW ROOF! thanks to Michael and Eric. They sure worked hard for 2 solid days and Dad and I marvel at the "feats of daring do" clomping around on that roof! They would stand on the very edge without so much as a glimmer of caution - of course, they are professionals who knew very well what they were doing. Now I can start cleaning up the upstairs computer room - it's really awful!

I got to know the girls better - Jane and Mark - you are so lucky to have Catherine and Zsuzsi in your family. Catherine spent a lot of her time doing her Statistics homework, besides helping in the kitchen - she did almost all of the dishwashing. Zsuzsi and I had a regular old gabfest - swapping family stories - some funny, some sad.

I am now reading "the zookeeper's wife" - a sad and true story about WWII. When Warsaw was bombed a lot of the zoo was destroyed and then totally dismantled by the Nazis. The zookeeper and his wife (gentiles) became part of the Polish underground and sheltered and smuggled out countless Jews. Similar to Schindler's list. A sad story and it's depressing me. I can only read a few paragraphs at a time.

I talked to Jane late Sunday afternoon and they were in Laredo waiting to unload first thing this morning and then will find out where they are going next.

Have a great day everyone!

(Eric takes first prize as mashed potato lover!).

No comments: