Monday, January 21, 2008

It was 10 here last night! Still very cold. It was hard to get out of bed this morning! It's warmed up considerably now tho. Zsuzsi and Catherine - make sure you bring warm clothes next weekend. Both beds have electric blankets so you should be plenty warm sleeping, but during the day, even when it's 70 in here it seems cold.

Last night I climbed into my nice warm bed to watch the Amazing Race. I fell asleep sometime during House Hunters(!) and woke up about 9:30!!! Went out to the den and Dad was still watching football (endless football - it went into overtime!). Fortunately I had TIVO's the Amazing Race so I waited for game to be over and settled down to watch it. I was pleased with the winners too, they were my favorites, but I did like them all. I think TIVO is the smartest thing we've bought in a long, long time.

I watched Wives and Daughters (Netflix) last week. It was a BBC production and I enjoyed it a lot. I have Juno on my list but it hasn't been released on disc as yet. I have ordered The Palisers (another BBC production) that is 12 discs long. I watched it about 20 years ago and loved it. Ellen, if you have never watched Jewel in the Crown, order it up from Netflix. It is sooooo good - when it was originally on PBS I taped it and watched it several times. When we joined Netflix it was the first thing I ordered and said a few (*^^*&*^)(*& words when it was over. It is marvelous! Another one I never get enough of is 4 Weddings and a Funeral.

I am heading for the kitchen now - another adventure in cooking - cherry turnovers ala the Barefoot Contessa - hers were apple, but I only have cherry pie filling. shouldn't make any difference should it?

I made another quiche Saturday nite - really, really good and enjoyed leftovers for lunch.

Love to all -

No comments: