Thursday, January 3, 2008

ok, Ellen's blog:

We had chicken tenders (I ate one), rice, butternut squash, and green beans for dinner. Delish. I wish I had Nancy's recipe for the butternut squash she did at Christmas.

My house is a wreck, but I tidied up tonight a bit.

I have been good on a diet for 2 days.

I worked out yesterday at the gym, and did 20 minutes at my target heart rate.

I have three new students. One psycho, one criminal, and one angel. Just my first impressions.

I am teaching the Great Migration then the Harlem Renaissance.

Its cold here - today with windchill = 11.

Saw Charlie Wilson's War - good flick

Going to see Juno this weekend, maybe.

Loving my book, but no time to read it much. My book invited me back, so going to try to read Special Topics in Calamity Physics.

I love the website: www.icanhascheezburger.com

My marriage is boring since I am ignored the majority of the time. He doesn't want counseling. Blah.

Our screened porch should be started soon.

I'm trying to find a teach abroad summer program that is not only free, but pays me. So far the free ones are in Rwanda, and that might stress out mom too much if I spent the summer teaching refugees in Darfur. On the other hand, I know I'd lose a lot of weight.

I wish I could go to Long Island - I'd visit the Barefoot Contessa. (That is where "the Hamptons" are, right?)

I am looking forward to college classes beginning soon.

No comments: