Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wow - Thought I'd have to put on sunglasses to read the blog today! But I love it - very 'spring' like! And the picture is adorable - can we have an enlargement?

We got a new dishwasher!!! It was $248 - I don't need all the fancy wash cycles on the more expensive machines - I have always used just the one setting - heavy wash, hot water, etc. Lowes charges $144 for delivery and installation as opposed to Home Depot's $55 - so we brought it home with us and Dad has read all about installation. He installed our old one so maybe he can do this one too. It is now sitting in the dining room sans carton and he will tackle it this afternoon. He has so much "male" pride - hope if he has a problem he will wait for Michael and Eric this weekend to help him, but I doubt it.

My assigned housecleaning chore today is vacuuming and dusting the dining room - isn't that exciting?! I really hate to clean. I remember in California I went so long between dustings that the coffee table had cobwebs on it. Tomorrow I will get dad to bring in the shop vac and clean up around the fireplace.

Ellen - I have not been working much on Katie's scarf - problem is Fritz likes helping me knit. I will try to get back to it. If I sit on sofa he feels entitled to be on my lap. If I sit on the bed he thinks he should "pull" yarn for me. I will try to get back to it.

Tell Scott he is a "TV" snob! Big screen, indeed! (But I do see his point). I really don't give a rat's ass about the superbowl unless the halftime show is good - but I probably won't even bother with that.

I am getting very nervous about "super tuesday" - the elections. I read a poll recently that showed John Edwards could win over any one of the republicans - how about that? I like all of the Dems and will vote for the democratic nominee whoever. With Hillary and Barrack slinging mud at each other, they just might turn the public towards John Edards.

Stay warm everyone!

No comments: